Friday, November 26, 2010

[November 20] Stonehenge & Salisbury



Wow. Stonehenge! I'm not entirely sure why, but as long as I can remember knowing about Stonehenge, I've wanted to see it. Then all of a sudden (more like 2 hours on a bus later) we were there. Ultimately, it is a pile of rocks in the middle of the countryside and you can only spend so long looking at it. But what's interesting is imagining how people got those rocks there, why they arranged them like that, and what aliens are... well, nevermind.



How English... sheep in the gray and misty countryside:



A rock that wandered off from the others:


A cute little birdie:

A drawing of what I guess Stonehenge used to look like?: 

This struck me as pretty hilarious... Chewing Gum Disposal? HAHA! Then look at all the gum on the ground!

Then we got back on the bus and headed to Salisbury... and one of the first things I saw there was this swan with it's head under water. I just thought it looked funny...

First, we went on a walking 'tour' of Salisbury. Well, there wasn't much to it! First we stopped at a 'small' cathedral:

There happened to be a parade of soliders:


We went to the Salisbury Cathedral which, of course, was huge, impressive, gorgeous... I say "of course" like that because well... you can only see so many cathedrals before they lose their impressiveness. It's too bad, but it's exhausting to constantly be in awe. Don't get me wrong—I still really enjoyed seeing it and it was truly beautiful.








This is stained-glass window is my absolute favorite that I've ever seen:

I really liked the music this band was playing on the street:

Mmm then lunch time! I went with a couple friends to this bakery:

And ate a chicken curry pasty! It was SO GOOD!!!



Hung out with these two cool cats the whole time:

I bought this little mouse cork at the Cathedral... it's kind of silly but I just thought it was SO cute! And she's holding a violin... and she's pink... she's just really cute... and before going out with friends here, I like to drink wine. Really, really cheap white or pink wine. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment