Tuesday, January 4, 2011

[December 15] London: The Nutcracker & Christmas Tea @ The Ritz!

Oh boy! On my last Wednesday in London, I had my last exam. Afterwards, I went to see The Nutcracker ballet near Trafalgar Square. What a gorgeous theatre!!!



I really enjoyed the performance; The Nutcracker is one of my very favorite things about Christmas. As soon as December hits, I listen to The Nutcracker Suite A LOT—it's definitely on my Christmas music playlists. Even though this particular performance was indeed beautiful... there were some things about it that I'm not used to. For instance, in the beginning, there was a scene that took place outside with 'ice skaters', when people are arriving to Clara's house for Christmas. This seemed a little extraneous and unnecessary although the ice skating bit is nice enough. Then there was some confusion about the 'prince charming' and the nutcracker... he would switch back and forth and I didn't like that. I also really DID NOT like that there was no Snow Queen...?!?!?! And no Sugar Plum Fairy??? HELLO?!?! There was still the dance but the 'princess' did the Sugar Plum Fairy dance, which was right after her solo dance anyway! LAME. I was actually mad about this. Also, there was no Marzipan NOR Mother Gigone. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!


Later that evening, me and some friends went to have Christmas Tea at The Ritz! It was very ritzy (Sorry! I was obligated to say it...)! It was all decorated for Christmas:

We were served champagne, tea (we chose jasmine; it was definitely the best jasmine tea I have ever had), cute little tea sandwiches, desserts, and scones. The scones were my favorite, oh boy they were delicious!








So. Spoiled.




Tiny mince pie, 'R' is for Ritz!





MERRY CHRISTMAS!



No comments:

Post a Comment