Sunday, January 9, 2011

[January 9] Århus, Denmark: Goodbye, Europe

Tomorrow bright and early in the morning, my Aunt is going to drive me to the train station to begin my journey home (very, very early in the morning... she's a trooper and awfully nice!). 

Aarhus --> Copenhagen --> Washington D.C. --> Seattle... HOME SWEET HOME!!!

It will take no less than 24 hours to get home, but the thought of meeting my parents at the airport will definitely keep my spirits up! I really hate flying and the logistics of traveling. Even though I've clearly been traveling quite a bit and have been on airplanes several times in my life, I'm still not especially comfortable with it all! I love riding on trains, but I get nervous about missing them, so on and so forth. 

As I started out my European adventure in Denmark and have ended it in Denmark, it feels like London etc. never happened! Ha ha, well not quite but I have made a full circle. I started out fresh and excited in the sunny summertime, and as nature ends its cycle in the wintertime, so I end my travels. Soon it will be spring and I can start things new and fresh—I have a lot to look forward to and a lot on my 2011 To Do List!

As of now, I feel the best thing about my abroad experiences in Europe have been proving to myself that I CAN DO IT. I can show up at a completely new place not knowing anyone or where anything is and in a sense, start over. I eventually felt pretty comfortable in London and developed a routine.

I think it will probably take awhile for me to totally process everything I have experienced, and I'm curious how I will feel about everything in a few months or a year when I look back at it all. Will I miss London? When will I miss it? Because I don't miss it quite yet, but then again, I'm still away from home. 

I really like these pictures because it shows a scene in Aarhus that I took a picture of in both Summer and Winter:


Wish me luck with my travels tomorrow! :)

Goodbye, Europe!
Hello, USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment