Saturday, January 8, 2011

[January 5] Århus, Denmark: Nytårkoncerter

I haven't gone into the city too much during this stay. I think I've seen most of the things I feel like seeing, so now I just kind of wander around and look in different shops. I bought a delicious hot dog from a stand, bought some candy, looked in bookstores, toy stores, clothing shops, jewelry shops, secondhand shops, etc. It's fun but I don't feel like buying anything as I have limited space in my suitcase, and I'm just not really in the consumer mood. The other day I sat inside a cafe inside a bookstore to write which was really nice, but coffee here is SO expensive. My small plain latte was almost $6. Well, I don't do that very often here... I think Scandinavia in general is really, really expensive. Normal groceries are really expensive, too. Gah. 


The Dom Kirke:

I went with my Aunt and Uncle to see a New Year concert the Århus Symfoniorkester was putting on. I'm really glad they thought of going! It made me miss my violin a bit. It was a really fun concert and the music was all really well-done... my favorite piece they played involved two old typewriters... :)





No comments:

Post a Comment