Thursday, January 6, 2011

[December 16] London: Christmas Service @ St. Paul's Cathedral

When I looked at the St. Paul's Cathedral website and saw they were having a Christmas service, it seemed like a good idea to go. I kept meaning to go to a service there anyway so this was perfect!

It was really, really cold that evening. The bus took an especially long time to get there, but I was still an hour early, and it was a GOOD THING—the line to get into the service went around almost the entire cathedral. So, I started waiting in line and it started snowing... a lot... then as the line started moving (thank goodness!) a guy came around and said there might not be room for everyone so we might not get in. Sigh. But finally, I was on the steps, so close to getting in, and all of these people from behind me cut me, and although I can generally stick up for myself, whatever, okay. Then one of the ladies in line asked if I 'queue jumped'. "Um, No." She said "How long have you been standing in line?" Me: "An hour. WHY." "Oh, we just thought you queue jumped."Jerk. Sheesh! She's the one who cut me! Loser. Then I had to sit next to the loser during the service.

I just hate it when strangers are rude. 

Anyway. St. Paul's Cathedral! The Christmas Service was a combination of a lovely choir singing, poetry readings, and scripture readings. Really nice, but freezing inside the cathedral as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment